Thursday, March 7, 2013

Buttery Garlic Rolls

My wife and I went to Sunday dinner this past week and were asked to bring some rolls (in other words I volunteered to make them) so I decided to look for a recipe that was a little bit different. I added some of my own twists and turned out some reeeally delicious rolls. If you would like to recreate them the recipe is as follows.
 
(THIS RECIPE TAKES ABOUT 2 1/2 hours to prepare completely)
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup cold milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
8 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled,divided
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Directions:

Reserve 5 T melted butter(I split the butter differently when I made it, so I put 4 tbsp in the dough and 5 tbsp in the bottom of the pan. I also used a larger pan at 9x12)
 
 Put all other ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturer's directions(For me this meant all wet ingredients first, then dry ingredients after leaving a "well" for the yeast). 
 


 
 Program dough setting, press start. 

Pour half of remaining butter into 8-inch square baking pan.
 

 Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls into pan, making 16 rolls (I made 12. I like my rolls to fit in the palm of my hand not on the point of a needle...)

 Drizzle remaining butter over rolls (Again I used a bit more butter because I had a larger pan. Also I chose to put some garlic powder in the butter that I poured in the bottom of the pan and that I used on the top of the rolls. Not too much to overpower but just enough to taste).

 Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 45 minutes (this photo was taken after the first proof).
 


(I then pounded the air out and let them proof again for 30 more minutes this photo below is after the second proof. You don't have to let them rise again, they will still turn our light and fluffy)

 Preheat oven to 400.


 
 Uncover rolls and bake 12-15 minutes or until golden (check middle roll to see if they are done).
 Cool slightly in pan on wire rack. (the finished product)

I hope you enjoy these rolls as I guarantee they will go FAST!
 
Read more at: http://baking.food.com/recipe/buttery-pan-rolls-for-the-bread-machine-105177